YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO USE SOME ADVANCED REVIT MODELLING TECHNIQUES
You will learn how to use some advanced Revit modelling techniques
To create the following model elements:
- Curtain wall
- Curtain wall grid
- Curtain mullion
- Curtain door panel
I explain all the above step by step.
STEPS TO CREATE CURTAIN WALL IN REVIT
- Go to architecture tab on the Ribbon and select wall
- Go to properties palletes and click on the drop-down and scroll to the last part of it you will see curtain wall, select it.
- Go to floor plan and draw it inside the wall you have already created.
- Select cut geometry to use curtain wall to open up the wall, by clicking on the wall hosting the curtain wall and then click the curtain wall, the wall will open at exactly the position of the curtain wall.
STEPS TO CREATE CURTAIN GRID IN REVIT
- While viewing the curtain wall through elevation or section, go to architecture tab in Ribbon and select curtain grid
- Click on the curtain wall to place the grid on the curtain wall horizontally and vertically. Use align tool and dimension line to position them properly.
STEPS TO CREATE CURTAIN WALL MULLION IN REVIT
- Pick mullion from the architectural tab on the Ribbon
- Make sure to select either gridline, gridline segment or all gridlines and click.
STEPS TO CREATE CURTAIN WALL DOOR IN REVIT
- Hold Tab key while selecting the curtain wall panel you want to convert to door. You need to hold on Tab key in order to cycle through all the elements until the panel is selected.
- While still selected, go to edit type on the property palletes and click load at the upper right hand side.
- In the Revit family folder select UK and open curtain wall panel folder, select the type of door you want and click open, then click ok. Your door is now created.
STEPS TO CREATE ROOF IN REVIT
There are three methods of creating roof, these are:
- Roof by Foot print
- Roof by extrusion
- Roof by face
STEPS TO CREATE ROOF BY FOOT PRINT IN REVIT
In this method the roof will follow the outline of the area enclosed by the sketch. This is why it is called roof by foot print.
- Go to Architectural tab in Ribbon and select roof. Click on the drop-down to select roof by foot print.
- Go to the floor plan e.g (first floor plan or second floor plan) you want to sketch the outline of the roof on, and start sketching.
- Select the side you want to define the slope and go to the option bar and check define slope. You can select that same sketch and change the slope value either on the properties bar or on the option bar.
- Use trim or extend to make sure all the sketch are enclosed and must not intersect each other.
- Go to the property palettes and update the material properties
- Go to the ribbon and click finish editing mode.
STEPS TO CREATE ROOF BY EXTRUSION IN REVIT
In this method of creating roof we use extrusion to sketch out the cross section of the roof. You can use the extrusion end to determine the depth of the of the extrusion or select the sketch use the node to stretch it to the desired width or length.
- Go to the elevation or section where you want to draw the cross section of the roof and sketch the cross section as desired.
- Use extrusion end parameter to define the length of the roof. Alternatively you can use the node to adjust the length of the roof. You may use reference plane or detail line to determine the exact boundary.
- Go to the property palletes and update the material properties.
- Click finish editing mode.
STEPS TO CREATE ROOF BY FACE IN REVIT
This is when we create roof using mass element.
- Go to roof on the ribbon select roof by face
- Make sure ‘that ”select element by face” is active on the status bar.
- Select the face to create roof on and click create roof in the ribbon.
- Select the roof you have created and go to the properties palletes to adjust the material settings.
- Click finish.
- You can then delete the mass to remain only roof
STEPS TO CREATE HAND RAILS PROFILE IN REVIT
First let us try and define handrail. Handrail is
- Go to the Revit application menu
- Metric profile rail
Then create the profile for the hand rail save it into the family folder or in a hard disk and load it into the project.
STEPS TO PLACE HAND RAILS INTO A PROJECT IN REVIT
- Go to Ribbon on the the architectural tab select railing. In the dropdown select Sketch path.
- Go to the appropriate floor plan and sketch the path. make sure the lines do not intersect each other and must form a closed loop.
- Go to the property pallete and go to edit type. In the type property dialogue box, “edit rail structure” and “baluster placement” and set all the materials appropriately. Click finish.